If you are more of a hiking person and you are looking for real contact with nature and mountain, you must visit the Challhuaco Valley this winter.
It's friendly geography creates the perfect area to walk and discover one of the most wonderful Lenga forest that will make you feel in a fairy tale... Imagine yourself leaving your footsteps marked on a white blanket of snow while you make your way through the woods, visualizing some birds such as Chimangos and Woodpeckers birds. In this place, you will enjoy the silence of the winter clam.
It is quite a fun adventure to arrive to this shelter by car. Driving through the valley and crossing many streams, you will see on the way Mt. Otto, Catedral, Ñireco and Carbon to the right. until you find yourselves immersed into a deep forest, announcing the arrival to the shelter.
This hut is the starting point of all the many alternatives to enjoy of this beautiful place. I suggest you doing at least one of these two following options. Come on! What are you waiting for?
What to do at Challhuaco Valley?
Hike to Frozen Lake
* Operability: From June to September. Every day.
* Difficulty level: Easy
* Duration: 9am to 5.00pm
* It includes: Transportation, trekking guide (Spanish/English), 2 hrs hike, breakfast and lunch.
* What to bring: Comfortable footwear, waterproof coat and pants and gloves.
* Operability: From July to September. Every day (if there is snow enough).
* Difficulty level: Easy.
* Duration: 1.00pm to 6.00pm or from 3.00pm to 8.00pm.
* It includes: Transportation, guide (Spanish/English), skiing gear (poles, skis, and boots), and a 2 hrs class. Then free time to ski!
* What to bring: Comfortable and warm clothing, waterproof coat and pants, and gloves.
What are you waiting for? Get in contact with me right away to hire this and many other tour options to enjoy your visit to Bariloche! E-mail me to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit me at Bariloche Select Travel, located on Villegas St. 237 (downtown).